I was pretty determined to find a recipe I liked that used butternut squash after the big failure of my first attempt. And I've got to say that I think I've found a winner! Thank you Pinterest for this awesome recipe: Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese.
If you know me, you know my love for Mac and Cheese and this dish did not disappoint. Although it takes a lot more prep work than a box of Kraft or Velvetta, I think it was well worth the work for a healthier dish. It also makes a lot more than me and my husband can eat for dinner so there are lots of leftovers! Next time, I might also throw in some chicken or ground turkey. This is totally I dish I would serve my son once he is old enough and feel good about it.
If you know me, you know my love for Mac and Cheese and this dish did not disappoint. Although it takes a lot more prep work than a box of Kraft or Velvetta, I think it was well worth the work for a healthier dish. It also makes a lot more than me and my husband can eat for dinner so there are lots of leftovers! Next time, I might also throw in some chicken or ground turkey. This is totally I dish I would serve my son once he is old enough and feel good about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment