There is nothing worse when you are overweight than going jean shopping. Am I right?? Back when I was at my heaviest, I would avoid it like the plague. I would much rather go shoe shopping -- my feet never got bigger and the sizes I knew I wore would always fit.
Back in 2010 when I lost 30lbs, I went from a size 14 to a size 10. I had kept my old jeans because I knew we would be starting to have kids and I would of course gain weight so the old jeans may come in handy afterward. My guess was right and I'm glad I kept them. They were the only thing that would fit besides my pregnancy jeans postpartum.
Because I have a slew of jeans in my closet, I've noticed that I have subconsciously categorized them. I have fat jeans (size 14s), skinny fat jeans (smaller size 14s and one size 12), fat skinny jeans (bigger size 10s), and skinny jeans (smaller size 10s). You may not have as many categories as I do, but - come on - be honest, we all do some form of this.
Since getting the "OK" to workout from my doctor after I gave birth, I've been on a mission to fit into my skinny jeans again. Even with training for my half marathon and losing 26lbs postpartum, the jeans still didn't fit! Talk about frustrating.
I've been stuck between the skinny fat and fat skinny jeans -- that is until this past weekend! I honestly think it's because of the Slim in 6 workouts and I'm sure drinking Shakeology has played a big part too.
Now -- one step closer to those skinny jeans and maybe even they will get too big :) That is jean shopping that I want to do!
Back in 2010 when I lost 30lbs, I went from a size 14 to a size 10. I had kept my old jeans because I knew we would be starting to have kids and I would of course gain weight so the old jeans may come in handy afterward. My guess was right and I'm glad I kept them. They were the only thing that would fit besides my pregnancy jeans postpartum.
Because I have a slew of jeans in my closet, I've noticed that I have subconsciously categorized them. I have fat jeans (size 14s), skinny fat jeans (smaller size 14s and one size 12), fat skinny jeans (bigger size 10s), and skinny jeans (smaller size 10s). You may not have as many categories as I do, but - come on - be honest, we all do some form of this.
Since getting the "OK" to workout from my doctor after I gave birth, I've been on a mission to fit into my skinny jeans again. Even with training for my half marathon and losing 26lbs postpartum, the jeans still didn't fit! Talk about frustrating.
I've been stuck between the skinny fat and fat skinny jeans -- that is until this past weekend! I honestly think it's because of the Slim in 6 workouts and I'm sure drinking Shakeology has played a big part too.
Now -- one step closer to those skinny jeans and maybe even they will get too big :) That is jean shopping that I want to do!
Great post - and congrats on the skinny's!!! ;)
ReplyDelete