Monday, September 24, 2012

Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse

Recently, I've been feeling a little off track with eating right because September has been a little crazy. I went out of town to Reno with my husband for the Tailhook convention (a mini-vaca for us) and having my son's 1st birthday caused me to get a little off track with my weight loss. 

So to get me back on track and cleanse my body of the toxins those weekends accumulated (*cough, cough - alcohol, In and Out, birthday cake* -- hey, I'm not perfect!) I decided to team up with a fellow 90 day challenger and friend of mine to do the Shakeology 3 day cleanse. I'll write up a full review and results from it once it's complete, but I wanted to tell you what it is. 

This is from my coach on how to do the cleanse and why.
Turns out, the Shakeology detox is more of a performance-oriented program. While it is calorie restrictive, it is also nutrient dense so that you will have the proper fuel for your workouts. The average American would have to eat twice the calories to get the same nutrients you will on the Shakeology cleanse. That is awesome!
The true goal of this 3-day cleanse is to rid our bodies of toxins and junk that we all have floating around in our systems and regulate hydration levels so your body can function more efficiently. The weight loss that people are experiencing is definitely an added bonus…I lost 6lbs my first time through:)
Remember, this isn’t a quick fix, but we all do get off track sometimes and some just need that little jump-start to get started in the right direction.  It’s amazing how the more junk you eat the more you crave it.  This is a safe way to reset your mind, reset your body and refocus on living and eating healthy. 
So, here’s the plan…for only 3 days
Start your day with a cup of green tea. If coffee is the deal breaker than drink it. However, leave out all cream and sugar
  • Breakfast: In a blender, combine: Shakeology with water and ice. (adding a 1/2 cup of fruit is optional).  If you are using a shaker cup, leave out the ice and add as much cold water till you've reached your desired consistency:)  I recommend starting off with a cup and go from there.
  • Snack: 1 piece of fruit.
  • Lunch: In a blender, combine: Shakeology with water and ice only followed by a cup of green tea.  Again, if you are using a shaker cup, leave out the ice and add as much cold water until you've reached your desired consistency:)  I recommend starting off with a cup and go from there.
  • Snack: In a blender, combine: Shakeology with water and ice only. Sometimes I like to save this snack for after dinner!  If you are using a shaker cup, leave out the ice and add as much cold water until you've reached your desired consistency:)  I recommend starting off with a cup and go from there.
  • Dinner: 4 oz of grilled white fish or poultry with a dinner salad loaded with veggies. Use 2 oz of dressing but stick with the olive oil or balsamic vinegar dressing.
Experiences of the Shakeology Cleanse Test group
Positive Results
  • Weight Loss
  • Reduced belly bloat
  • Renewed energy
  • Break through plateau, boost metabolism

Possible Negative Results
  • Headaches or light-headedness (add a small piece of fruit if you experience this)
  • Lack of energy (my energy usually lacks the first day and sky rockets the day 2 and 3)
  • Hunger
  • No weight loss…concentrate on inches

Shakeology Cleanse FAQ’s
How many calories will I be getting a day?
  • 800-1200 calories per day
How often can I do the Shakeology Cleanse?
Ideally you shouldn’t do the cleanse more than once every 3 months or so. Remember, it’s not a quick fix to an unhealthy lifestyle. It is to help you regroup and get you back on track or help you break through a plateau 
Can I still do my workouts during the Shakeology Cleanse?
  • Light to moderate exercise should be okay. Listen to your body
  • I try to do mine during a recovery week or before I start another round or a new program

No comments:

Post a Comment